The Foodies Festival comes to Brighton on the 30th April – 2nd May and features top chefs as well as cracking masterclasses, pop-up restaurants and smashing street food.
I went last year and walked into a sherry tasting – which provided a comprehensive explanation of the drink’s origins and history, as well as five or six different sherries paired with nibbles. Although, unlike other food events in the Brighton area, you pay for entry there is an awful lot on offer at this festival. I imagine, if I had a bit more time and forward planning, I could’ve attended a few more tastings and masterclasses (which are mostly free of charge) making the ticket price of £14 (£11 for concessions) very good value for money.
Taking place on Hove Lawns, this year’s Foodies Festival will have a range of attractions including a cake & bake theatre, BBQ arena, feasting tent, brew your own beer and a live music stage. Most excitingly, the headliner in the Chefs Theatre is Michelin-starred Matt Gillan – chef at The Pass and winner of Great British Menu 2015. Matt’s winning “Teaching & Preaching” dish for the competition looked absolutely gorgeous and showcased goat, a relatively unpopular meat here in the UK, in the best light possible.
Even better news is that there are quite a few vouchers and deals kicking around for entrance to the festival. They’re all quite similar but I’ve listed all the ones I’ve found here as they give you various options.
2-for-1 on tickets with showguides: From the Foodies Festival Facebook page. Just enter ‘FOODIES’ when booking on the Foodies Festival website. Reduces the normal £14 entry to £9 and you get a showguide.
Various offers: From Groupon. Choose from the following:
- £10 for one standard ticket and show guide (up to 44% off)
- £18 for two standard tickets and two show guides (up to 50% off)
- £34 for four standard tickets and four show guides (up to 53% off)
- £69 for two VIP tickets
Various offers: From Travelzoo. Choose from the following:
- Friday events… £8 for one, or £14 for two
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday events… £10 for one or £18 for two
- Each person will also get a show guide
- VIP tickets* are now £49 for two (instead of £70) for Friday events and £69 for two (instead of £76) for Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday events
- As well as Brighton, this offer applies to Foodies Festivals in Bristol, Birmingham, Tatton Park, Harrogate or Oxford.
It looks like it’s going to be a great weekend down on Hove Lawns, so get your ticket in advance at a bargain price. Don’t forget to follow Foodies Festival on Facebook for the all their latest news.
Like this? Like Greedy B on Facebook for more!
All images copyright Pageturner Photography